SINGING & VOICE SESSIONS
Individual 1-1 sessions that focus on learning to sing and finding your voice.
Each session is an alchemy designed for the individual. Approaches and tools from similar disciplines will include:
classical singing techniques
What should I expect in a session?
There will be an initial conversation at the beginning of each session to set an intention, answer questions and help you feel comfortable. Sessions include gentle physical movement, last for 45minutes or 1hr & are suitable for adults and children.
How do I arrange a session?
Emily offers one-to-one singing and voice sessions at a yoga studio in Edinburgh. You can get in touch via the CONTACT page on her website or email : firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a session.
60 minutes £65
"Emily's voice sessions are wonderfully engaging and empowering. Each session is a voyage of discovery - revealing not only the power and subtlety of singing as a discipline but also the unexpected range of one's own capabilities" Kirstie Skinner, Founder of Outset Scotland
THE EMBODIED VOICE
A 3 WEEK ADVENTURE
A session package that focusses on learning to sing with the support of embodied practises.
The Embodied Voice was created to help solve the following challenges:
* Having rarely experienced singing lessons before, there is a sense of "am I doing it right?"
* Having a desire to project the voice but not knowing how
* Feeling a disconnect between the chest and head resonances
* Feeling tension and discomfort in the physical body, especially the shoulders, neck, jaw, hips and spine
* Feeling like you're ready to say goodbye to an old story from childhood that stopped you from learning to sing, singing out or expressing in some way
Outcomes of The Embodied Voice include:
* Simple breath & vocal exercises to release tension & build muscle memory for singing
* A greater vocal range
* A feeling of release and lightness in your body, physically and emotionally
* A deeper sense of confidence in using your voice
* Bespoke practises that are unique to your vocal needs, energy levels and lifestyle.
3 x weekly in person sessions (60 minutes each)
2 x phone calls (20 minutes each)
1 x accountability & support email (20 minutes)
THE TRUSTED VOICE
A 4 WEEK ADVENTURE
A session package that focusses on building mindful connections between the voice, the body and the approach to your creative process.
The Trusted Voice was created to help solve the following challenges:
* Having previously had some voice sessions, you want to build and strengthen the voice in a more disciplined way
* The voice feels like it sits in the throat and you don't know how to use the whole body to support your sound
* It would feel good to schedule regular singing or voice sessions in the diary
* It would feel good to feel accountable to a voice coach
* This feels like a good time to get clarity on how the voice works and how you can build trust in the vocal development process
* There is an inner musician, magician or creator waiting to burst out of you
4 x weekly in person sessions (60 minutes each)
2 x phone call (20 minutes)
1 x accountability & support emails (20 minutes each)
Investment : £395
"Emily made me feel immediately at ease and helped me find the joy, gentleness and freedom making sound and singing. The work we did was immeasurably playful and detailed and I found a release in my voice and body I had never previously experienced. Because Emily's approach is so holistic and open, I felt freely supported to take risks I would otherwise have run a mile from without her."
Sarah Farrell, LAMDA actress, theatre maker & writer